Get Involved – Volunteer
SUPPORT Habitat with your Time and Effort
If you love prowling the aisles at local hardware stores and lumber yards, enjoy fixing and organizing things, or just want to help recycle building materials while supporting adequate housing – the ReStore Store needs your help!
- Cashiers – Assist customers with sale of merchandise, operate cash register and make change with accuracy. Do minor cleaning and merchandising when not busy at register.
- Stockers – Assist with resale duties and stock shelves; also ensure the operational quality and safe use of donated electrical items. Accept and ensure the quality of donations and assist customers with loading and unloading.
- Truck Driver – Drive our 20-foot box truck to pick up large donations. Drivers are needed to pick up items from retail stores or individual homes. Must have a good driving record and physically able to make pickups. The Habitat truck has a lift on the back to assist with heavy items.
- Anyone interested in volunteering in the Restore call the ReStore Manager 573-317-0470 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether it is one or two days a month or a couple of days a week, your time MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
- Donate new or previously loved items to ReStore. Items from individual homes, retail stores, or from contractors must be clean and in working condition. Arrangements can be made to have LARGE items picked up by the Habitat truck.
Not good at swinging a hammer? We all have different talents and interests and LOTOHFH can put them to use! Interested? Call the ReStore Manager 573-317-0470. Leave a message if no one is there, and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
For every hour a volunteer spends on site, there are approximately ten hours spent behind the scenes, volunteering, ReStore, committees, and at Special Events.